[kismac] Re: Airport Extreme Driver Not Found

  • From: Gerry <curioushacker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:03:02 -0700

can't scan in passive mode with an airport extreme.. chipset is closed, no one has bothered to reverse engineer when there are prism chipsets out there with open documentation.

-- Gerry Koh | 415.608.9777

PGP Fingerprint: 55B3 2CD2 12F8 4B1D 5EC5 E1B2 BD74 B642 879B 0F17

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt

On Sep 28, 2005, at 8:40 PM, Tom Klun wrote:

I did a clean install of OS X 10.4.2, then reinstalled kismac .2a and I get a "Driver Not Found" error when I try scanning in passive mode. I have all my file sharing off, I've run the program with my card turned on and off, and I'm running out of ideas.
Any thoughts?