[kismac] Re: Airport Extreme Driver Not Found

  • From: Nicholas Coffey <ncoffey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:10:54 -0330

I obtained Kismac R75 from this link:

http://binaervarianz.de/downloads.php/redir.html? action=download&mirror=http&file_id=36

I assume it's still the same file as when I downloaded it. I had to do the reboot/shut down airport before I could get that to work when I was still running 10.4.2, and 10.4.3 is doing exactly the same thing. I had the same problem if I had anything network related running as you do, with kismac asking for an admin password and then unloading the airport and not doing anything else. It doesn't even always work when I reboot, and it seems like the only way it works consistently is if I reboot and airport doesn't connect on boot. I can then start kismac and start passive scanning normally.

On 10-Nov-05, at 1:04 PM, E. Gad wrote:

Hi Kevin
Let this be a lesson for me, for not double checking
my hairbrained posts.
Anyrate, to clarify, I think I was attempting to ask
Nick, but somehow failed in that.

You may have answered my question anyway- I first
tried a prebuilt r75 that I found somewhere in the
archives. For some reason though it doesnt work:It
seems to only beable to ask for a admins password and
then fails to do something it needs to do.

I'm begining to think it's something wrong on my end,
because  I have the latest version of OSX and basicly
all KisMac does for passive mode is ask for a admins
password-then nothing more. It does this even when I
reboot, turn off Airport and launch kismac with
nothing else running.

Does someone know what the could possible be going on?

--- super kev <blaster42@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you referring to me or Nick?  I was trying to
get Kismac to run on 10.4,
and then I jumped up to 10.4.3.  Nick was the one
running 10.4.2.  I grabbed
the r75 version from the kismac site through a link
from a post on the
internet somewhere.  The poster mentioned that they
got it from the mailing
list, so you should be able to find it looking back
through the archives.

I don't know what went on when I updated the system,
since the 10.4 HD was
the way it came from Apple (no apps installed except
kismac when I initially

Interesting. I seem to have a similler problem that
you had 10.4.2, however for some reason even when
I updated to 10.4.3 kismac still tries to load a
takes me to a admin something password wanting
and then tells me airportdrivers not found.
I had this in both r75  and r76 both built from
source. I am cerious what your (or I suppose
anyone-elses opnion is) if it's something whacked
in kismac, or osx. Did you build it from source? Or
use something premade someplace? I ask because I'm
realy cerious.