[kismac] Re: Airport Extreme

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:00:33 +0100

Hi,

> I thought I'd forward this link to the list with the hope that it may
> be of use with the Airport Extreme issue.
> http://www.osxhax.com/archives/cat_airport_extreme_hacks.html

unfortunately i know this page, but it does not help us a lot. we
cannot use the apple driver, because it does not support the monitor
mode. that's why we always have to load third party drivers. what i
need are detailed informations on the chipset, but broadcom does not
even bother to answer my requests for such a documentation. in fact it
seems that they dont give it away at all, since there seems to be no
driver for linux and *bsd either. in fact the only way that i see is a
reverse engineering of the apple driver. a long and painful way.

mick