[kismac] Re: Aircrack Code No Longer Works - PPC

  • From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:48:01 -0400

Geoff,

I works. Sorry for the false alarm. I had to go to the settings window, view it and close it to set the value of the fudge factor. It may not have been initialized.

Erik

On Apr 18, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

Nothing has changed with aircrack since R90. The advanced prefpane adds a fudge factor setting, so I suppose that could break it. Does it work with R118?

Geoff

On Apr 18, 2006, at 8:14 AM, Erik Winkler wrote:

Previous versions of KisMAC were able to crack the 128-bit key on my test dump file in about 5-10 seconds. Latest version, R123, does not get the key even after several minutes. Was the aircrack code changed in KisMAC recently? If so, an endian issue may have been introduced which causes the code to work fine on Intel CPUs, but fail on PowerPC CPUs. I've seen this before in the command line version of Aircrack.

Erik