[kismac] Re: AR5008

  • From: Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:12:00 +0200

OS X usese a different binary format called Mach-O. Linux uses ELF. As the HAL is not available in Mach-O format its impossible to make use of the available HAL binaries.

Michael Miller wrote:

Is the HAL only availible for Linux(i.e. can it not be molded to fit
OSX's kext standard)? Also, does it support packet injection/monitor
mode with kismac under linux? While it may not be ideal to use a
binary package, if it supports what is needed, then it should work,
right?

On 4/14/07, Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The madwifi project is not of much help as it is based on closed
source HAL available only in binary form.

Greetings, Beat

--
Beat ZAHND
Physics Institute