[kismac] Re: A beginners question

  • From: Michael Rossberg <mick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:56:09 +0200

> Actually, don't put yourself down.  I have the same questions!  How
> does this feature work?  I have done all I can to look for docs, but
> the FAQ on the website is about as close as I could get.  The help
> seems to point to the Mac OS X help feature, but then nothing specific.
>   Perhaps the help files have not yet been written?
>
> If someone could just give us the run down on this I would appreciate
> it.
>
> Namely, what should we be logging concerning the "dumplog"?  Is that
> required to crack a WEP key?

it is much easier. just select the network you want to crack and choose
the right attack. pcap dumps are only for export into other programs
such as ethereal.
please note that there is a bug in current kismac implementations,
which can prevent the working window from disappearing, if the cracking
process is too fast (yes it is weired).

mick