[kismac] A beginners question

  • From: Joe Roth <oundleuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:43:47 -0700

I downloaded and installed KISMAC and wanted to try to crack the wep key on
my own AP and am a bit confused on how to do it. I wanted to prove the wep
vulnerability at work by demonstrating at home.   My wep key is 40 bit.  I
assume that I have to turn the dump filter on to some other setting than No
dumping and then run decrypt PCAP dump.  Could someone verify this?  I am
running a powerbook g5 with only the one airport card.  I assume I cant use
the crack features with existing setup.  Only the VIHA driver seems to work.

Thanks for tolerating my newbie question.