[kismac] Re: 802.11i

  • From: Ray Haque <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:57:48 -0400

When you consider the number of 802.11B access points out there, I have a hard time believing that this new hardware will fly off the runway. I'm betting it takes a long while before these new devices begin to appear in the home and small business market.

Yet, people are taking wireless security a little more seriously these days, so I may be wrong on that. Regardless, I don't have an 802.11i Airport card, and even if Apple designed one ... I probably couldn't afford it. :-) And would it be backward compatible with an iBook series 1? One has to wonder!

-Ray

On May 11, 2004, at 12:36 AM, Lasse Jespersen wrote:

when's this going to enter the mainstream market?

http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/05/07/HNwifi_1.html
--
Lasse Jespersen <elj@xxxxxxxxx>
www.init6.org