[kismac] Re: 5a GPS bug?

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:02:55 +0200

>Unfortunately, it recorded all the latitude and longitudes as the
>same location, at least according to the .ns1 file, which is what my
>location processing app reprocesses.  (I've yet to see anything
>plotting on the map pane, so I do my own mapping after the fact with
>MacGPS Pro.)
>
>So far, I haven't confirmed that this happens with this version all
>the time; in fact, I'm not sure I want to.  Instead, for the time
>being, I'm going to revert to 004e or so.

I had the same troubles. It seemed that recalibrating the map put
everything in trouble, with tracks going EW wildly. Subsequent saving
map or or exporting or saving found AP's crashes Kismac. And surely
it not happens just when you found those 4 valuable AP's in a little
village, but also that 214 bunch of them along the city canal :-(

>It's worked before...

Yep. I sent Mick the bug report already. The crash-on-save is known
too, but apparently hard to catch, as that is around since v3. Did
you have the crash too? I got the impression screwing up traces is an
omen to crashing.

ard