[kismac] 5a GPS bug?

  • From: "William H. Leininger" <whlm1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:10:32 -0500

I went for a drive yesterday with 005a (version of 2 AM, June 6,
2003); it properly detected WEP/No WEP, unlike the last version I'd
ran before it.

Unfortunately, it recorded all the latitude and longitudes as the
same location, at least according to the .ns1 file, which is what my
location processing app reprocesses.  (I've yet to see anything
plotting on the map pane, so I do my own mapping after the fact with
MacGPS Pro.)

So far, I haven't confirmed that this happens with this version all
the time; in fact, I'm not sure I want to.  Instead, for the time
being, I'm going to revert to 004e or so.

My configuration:
Powerbook G3 Series 1999 (running MacOS 10.2.6)
Orinoco Gold PCMCIA card
Keyspan Twin Serial USB adapter
Garmin GPS-40 (set to NMEA output)

It's worked before...