[kismac] Re: 12'' powerbook antenna

  • From: themacuser <themacuser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:16:51 +0930

I've done it temporarily.

MCCard connector into the AirPort card, with a N-type extension to a 12dbi antenna...
On 09/08/2006, at 9:11 AM, Theo Baschak wrote:

I'm too scared of scarring my powerbook for life to hack it up :).
I've just got a usb wifi adaptor with an antenna hacked onto it
instead. (microsoft mn-510, not that great, but at least i can throw
the antenna on the roof of the car and war drive properly)

On 8/8/06, Patrick Cudahy <pgcudahy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey, I've got a 12'' powerbook with an internal airport extreme and
a  dwl-122. Have any of you guys tried hacking these to be able to
add on an external antenna? I was looking at http://
www.instructables.com/id/EQIF3SX5M2EP2868GB/ but wanted to know if
anyone else had tried something similar. Thanks.
-Patrick Cudahy