[kismac] Re: 10.3.4 & KisMac 0.12a issues

  • From: Beat Zahnd <beat.zahnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:50:24 +0200

Dan wrote:

Hi Guys,
I'm playing with Kismac 0.12a on a powerbook with 10.3.4 installed.
Previously I've used two pc card cards without problems. All of a sudden
they don't work.

The first card is a orinoco silver card. I've tried it today with the
prism2/orinoco/Hermes drivers and it came up as undetected. Strange because
it worked before with the previous Kismac and 10.3.3.

The second pc card is a generic Solwise.co.uk 200mw prism/intersil card.
This card has worked before but all of a sudden it is undetected.

Maybe this is a problem with driver unloading. But i'm not sure.

Both cards light up and something new happens in the top right hand menu bar. A little icon in the shape of a pc card appears and when clicked on it identifies both cards correctly. Is this part of Macos X 10.3.4 or Kismac as I've never seen it before ? Is this preventing KisMac from detecting the card ? Images attached.

The icon is part of OS X. I get it with all cards even if no matching driver is installed.

--
Beat ZAHND
Physics Institute

       http://www.phim.unibe.ch/rosina/rosina.html