[kismac] Re: 0.04d3 minor but annoying problems

  • From: ard.jonker@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: kismac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 08:44:11 +0200

>-the GPS coordinates arrive in degrees.minutes(.)minutesdecimal from
>my (tn200) device. The correct calculation of the location now is
>concat(degrees,".",(minutes.minutesdecimal)*60)). If you don't do
>that, you get very silly maps and useless locations. Heck, if I can
>recompile with the developerCD that came with 10.x, I should be able
>to adopt the source myself, shouldn't I?

And what is even more strange: if I put a map with coordinates
52.2100/4.5400 to 52.2200/4.5500 as calibration points, and my
current location is 52.215031/4.544608, the 'show current position'
does not show up... while it is in between the calibration points.
Possible issue: the map used happens to have the two
registration/calibration points vertically  aligned due to map
rotation that is in effect. When calibrating to a straigth line of
known dimensions, this should not play a role and any point should be
mapped correctly when two knowns and two unknowns are used for map
calibration. I'm puzzled here.
ard