[kcimt_mag] Re: Question

  • From: "Sharp,Michael" <MSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kcimt_mag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:11:51 -0700

I support this public education tool.

Michael L. Sharp, MT(ASCP)
Director Laboratory Services
Sky Lakes Medical Center
msharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ph 541-274-6239
Fx 541-274-6241
2865 Daggett Avenue
Klamath Falls, OR 97601

________________________________

From: kcimt_mag-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kcimt_mag-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Monte Keady
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 5:05 PM
To: kcimt_mag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [kcimt_mag] Question

For those of you who aren't familiar with listserv emails, let me share a
little.  For those of you who are, just ignore this part.  Save
kcimt_mag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <http://kcfd1.kcfd1.com/exchange/training/#>  to your
contacts and when you want to talk to the Medical Advisory Group, just sent a
message to this email address.  If you receive a message from this, just reply
to the email and it will go to everyone.  It is kind of like a large email
group that is managed by someone else.

The question is... We are thinking of using this matrix as a public education
tool.

Any issues...

Know the Difference between a Cold and H1N1 Flu Symptoms:
Symptom

Cold

H1N1 Flu

Fever

Fever is rare

Temperatures of  100°F or higher for 3 to 4 days

Coughing

A hacking (mucus-producing) cough is often present

A dry cough is usually present

Aches

Slight body aches and pains

Severe aches and pains

Stuffy Nose

Stuffy nose is commonly present and typically resolves spontaneously within a
week

Stuffy nose is not commonly present

Chills

Chills are uncommon

Chills occur in 60% of cases

Tiredness

Tiredness is fairly mild

Tiredness is moderate to severe

Sneezing

Sneezing is commonly

Sneezing is not common

Sudden Symptoms

Symptoms tend to develop over a few days

Rapid onset within 3-6 hours with sudden symptoms of high fever - muscle aches
- shortness of breath - tight chest

Headache

Headaches are fairly mild

Headache occur in 80% of cases

Sore Throat

Sore throat is commonly present

Sore throat is not commonly present

Chest Discomfort

Chest discomfort is mild to moderate

Chest discomfort is often severe

Monte B Keady
Division Chief - Training/EMS
Klamath County Fire District No. 1
143 N Broad Street,
Klamath Falls OR 97601
541.885.2059 ext.109

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for
message.