[kanchilug] Re: Suggestion please!

  • From: Arulalan T <arulalant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:23:08 +0530

Hai,

2010/6/10 rajesh ss <rajipce@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hello everybody!
>
> I using ubuntu 8.10 for past three months, learning how to work in linux
> environment..  There are some questions to ask to clarify my doubts!
>
> 1.while mounting the disk drives, it shows some error first, on the second
> click only it opens.  The error message is
>
> unable to mount
>  internal error: no mount object for mounted volume
>
> 2.In this version, i can't get the desktop features properly. When I
> searched for the settings by the way,
>
> System->preference->Qt 4 setting

You have to install "compizconfig-settings-manager" by type the following
command

sudo apt-get install  compizconfig-settings-manager

or

you can install it via system-> administration -> Synaptic Package Manager

Now select the above mentioned package and install it.

Note : Internet should be connected to install the packages.

> there is only limited settings are available. What type of package I should
> install to get advanced desktop features?
>
> 3.While downloading ubuntu 10.4 this morning, it shows totally 669MB
> initially. But after 445MB complete downloading it sent message as "download
> completed" . What may be the chance for error?

The total size of the  ubuntu 10.4 iso size is  699.4 MB.

May be your Internet connection may lost during download process.

You may choose torrent option for this.

--
Regards,
Arulalan.T