[kanchilug] SFD'10 @ Birla Planetarium

  • From: Dhastha Gheer <dhasthagheer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kanchilug <kanchilug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 22:04:59 +0530

Indian Linux User group chennai conducted software freedom day on
September 18 at birla planetarium. Our Kanchi Linux user group put
stalls for the following

1. OpenOffice – writer, spreadsheet, presentation

2. Gimp

3. Python

4. Ruby

5. Big Blue Button

6. Multi OS in single DVD

7. CMS (Joomla, WordPress)

8.  NoSql

10. ScreenCasts for Python, Ruby, WordPress, Html, Synaptic, MySql,
Postgres, Openshot, Pitivie, Tamil Lay Out , Record-my-desktop, Glade,
code.google.com, compiz, why-foss, History, etc  in TAMIL

12.1 Video Editing Tools demo – OpenShot, Pitivi, etc
12.2 Audio Editing Tool – Audacity

Around 500 students participate in SFD. Raman sir gave talk about free
software to the students.
The demo started 10  AM and end at 5 PM. At the end of the day ILUC
gave price to who gave good presentation

 A Kanchi Linux User

 My Works on Linux