[kag] newbie... looking for a new receiver

  • From: Marc Hick <hubking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:28:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello

I am a new Kingston area geocacher!

I was just introduced to geocaching by a fellow
employee .. Healz. There are a few of us(co workers&
families) looking forward to beginning to look for
caches and put one out(I'll wait till it's warmer).  I
have used a few gps recovers, including large devices
for surveying, and mapped some of my hunting routes
this fall with a borrowed receiver and have used
friends receivers on my boat.  I am planning on making
a purchase in the next month or two and am wondering
if anyone has advice on some receivers,  probably in
the $200 to $400 range.  I am really interested in the
Magellan Meridian Gold, any advice, problems with
receivers?  I haven't ruled out a used recover if
someone is moving up!

Sir-Cache-A-Lot  (yeah I know its a corny name, but I
plan on having 20 finds this year ... just a goal!)