[kag] gps questions

  • From: Nicholas Laan <nclaan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:28:13 -0800 (PST)

Hey,

I am new to the gps crowd and I was wondering if I could ask some questions.  I
see the debate here is raging over whether you should get simple coordinates vs
the map with bells and whistles.  I am a bit more interested in getting some
sort of map reading but I have a few questions.  Is there a huge difference
between the greyscale maps and the colour ones?  A lot of these devices also
note that they come with an American map (+ north america) are Canadian cities
such as Kingston well represented?  And the final question is do I go with the
say 8 or 32 megs of build in memory vs the replaceable memory cards.  How large
an area can i fit on 8 megs? if i want to switch maps from my computer is it
easy?

Thanks for the help

ktownhiker

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs