[kag] Re: Toadstools gone!

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 02:37:28 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Steve Koopman wrote:

Thanks for the cache. It will be remembered.

Thanks, Koopy. We liked it too.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Lloyd Baker wrote:
Will you get the container and cache goodies back?

The email from the park warden said the cache is at the Trail Centre if we want to go and pick it up. Root thinks we should go and get it, but I'm not really keen on the idea.

I was looking at my maps again today. The Rideau Trail passes into and then out of the park again on the way to Devil's Gorge, where the final cache was. Out in the woods, though, there is only one sign that says "You are Entering Frontenac Park," and it's not even in the right place. There are no signs that say when you are leaving, or re-entering the park. Also, every map I have seen, even the official map printed by Frontenac Park, shows that Devil's Gorge is outside of the park.

I think that whoever decided the cache and two of the micros were within the park boundaries just assumed that everything past that one sign was inside the park. Oh well. Maybe that's true. Maybe the maps are all based on some set of data which is long out of date. All I know is I'm not going to be placing any more caches anywhere even close to a provincial park!