[kag] Re: The Fort

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:17:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Lloyd Baker wrote:
> Was there a log in the logbook as to an explaination?  It's nice to see
> it returned, maybe it could moved down the trail to a more secluded
> spot.

After rereading the logs at geocaching.com and in the photos I took of the
logbook, I think I have figured out what happened. The log by vger (aka
Happy Wanderers) from June 15th says "We re-hid the cache and e-mailed the
owner." This must be when the cache was moved to the other side of the
fire pit, and I guess it has been there all along. One of the felled trees
is lying right over the cache, and you sort of have to crawl into the
branches to get to the cache now. Back in July I must have simply not
searched thoroughly enough. Now that all the leaves on the tree are dead,
it's a bit easier to see and get to. I feel bad about this, and will
probably never log another "needs to be archived."

Hoover