[kag] Re: Summer's Coming

  • From: Gordon Campbell <gordon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 20:45:47 -0400

I DO know that the Boy Scouts (which are now co-ed) does have geocaching as a group activity. It was a big hit at last year's National Jamboree. I don't know if the Girl Guides (not co-ed) hierarchy knows about it.

I don't have time to advocate either .. :-(

Hoover wrote:

On Mon, 2 May 2005, Lloyd Baker wrote:

I was just looking at the City Parks map on the City of Kingston website and noticed what appear to be trails at Carruthers Point. Has anyone thought of placing a cache in this location?

http://www.cityofkingston.ca/residents/recreation/parks/index.asp

When you drive past there all you see is the Dupont plant. MapQuest shows the whole area to be industrial land belonging to Dupont Canada. But googling for Carruthers Point indicates that there is a girl guide camp back there called Camp Carruthers.

Hmmm.... The wheels in my brain are turning. There is a brownie house at Camp Carruthers. And the brownies can earn a badge for outdoor exploration. I wonder if they would like geocaching?

some brownie badges:
http://www.girlguides.ca/clipart.asp?id=242&clipcat=21

Ach, never mind. I don't have the energy to be a geocaching advocate.

Hoover