[kag] Re: River Caching Tour

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:29:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Lloyd Baker wrote:

> Just a quick question in regards to the tour.  If we hit a cache on the
> American side, do we have to report to customs? I would also suggest to
> everyone to bring a birth certificate and 2 pieces of photo ID, just in
> case.

I know when Root and I once went to Boldt Castle, there was a customs
booth at the dock. I don't know what the procedure is when you want to
cross the border at a place with no official border crossing. Somebody
posted a log once that seems to indicate there are border guards in boats
who patrol the 1000 islands.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=0f5535ea-2e3b-45a4-899b-5c08ca3b6d99

You must be thinking about going to Something about Mary. Ideally, I would
like to visit all the caches too. But I'm worried about running out of
gas. Team Kuebbing did that once:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=d355dfbe-69e8-48db-9a1e-9dfdda9db88b

Does anybody know the range of the kinds of boats we will be renting?

For convenience, I have made a list of all the island caches, sorted by
distance from Bluff Park. I would like to hit the first 4, but may be
satisfied with only the first two. The last 4 are very far away from
Gananoque, but I included them for completeness.

Islands III http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCGJ9E
Pirates http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCGEV8
Islands Deux http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCGFVM
Merlin http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCFC3