[kag] Re: Ontario Parks Policy

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:13:23 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Mark Lord wrote:

Yes, I am annoyed too, but I really believe that the inertia
of a big government organization is much too great
for a bunch of hikers without lawyers to overcome.

We are never going to get this policy reversed,
and taking such a confrontational approach as the OGA
will only irritate the park wardens and superintendents.

The two statements above are at odds with each other.

Yes, you are right. Big bureaucracies will never change unless confronted about their actions. What I meant to say was that I don't think the OGA has the necessary skills or influence to accomplish anything. I also meant that the park wardens and superintendents are not the people they should be trying to talk to.

Hoover