[kag] Re: New Cachers and Other Stuff

  • From: "Steve Koopman" <skoopman1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:30:17 -0500

No, I didn't get a "nice fancy new toy" this year.  I actually have two
Magellan SporTrak Maps due to a shipping/return problem.

So, if anyone is still interested, I'm offering a mint condition unit that
has never been used outside for only $150 (normally sells for $250+).  I'll
even throw in MapSend Streets and Destinations Canada as an incentive
(normally $80-$100). As an example, the 6MB internal memory will hold highly
detailed mapping from Kingston to west of Toronto, going as far north as
past Highway 7.  I'm still impressed with its capabilities.

Also, Magellan just came out with Topographic software for Canada, and while
they technically don't list the SporTrak Map as compatible, due to its lower
memory capabilities than the higher-end models, I ordered it and it works
(full topo info from Kingston to Trenton, again up to Hwy 7).  I don't know
why they would want to limit selling this software.

Any takers?  Give me a shout.

Koopy