[kag] Re: Island Cruise

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:03:43 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Graeme Watson wrote:

> Notice the big 12 person covered one on the bottom of the page, they
> keep it going until Dec.  I would like the 8 person however because they
> are faster.

They are both the same price ($165 for 4 hrs, $225 for 8 hrs). I guess our
choice will depend on how many people we are.

The River Rat web site says they are 2 miles west of the bridge, which
would put them at approximately N44 21.558 W076 01.247, right in the
middle between the two groups of geocaches.

Playing around with my mapping software tells me that the trip west to the
four caches in the Admiralty & Lake Fleet Islands and then back to the
marina will be about 40km, assuming the multicache doesn't send us all
over the place.

The trip east to the three caches around Grenadier Island and back to the
marina is 30km. These caches are Something About Mary, which is 150 meters
on the wrong side of the Canadian border, NAMSOIL, which is missing and
needs to be replaced, and The Islands Part I, which has nothing wrong with
it. I am guessing that most people would vote against making this trip.
(But I'm game!)