[kag] Fw: Loads of Toadstools

  • From: Lib Mendonça <lsmendonca@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 21:34:51 -0400

I recently asked the Park Warden of Frontenac Provincial Park why he had removed "Loads of Toadstools" cache, since I understood it to be outside the Park boundaries. I've included his reply, below, because it illustrates the bureaucratic/administrative mindset very well:

-no, we think it was within the park boundaries
-it's bad for the environment (litter, spur trails)
-people might get hurt
-people might do inappropriate things

With such people in control of the Parks it is obvious to me that geocaching will never be a sanctioned activity in Ontario's Parks. Pity....

----- Original Message ----- From: "daryl furber , erica,kresin" <daryl.erica@xxxxxxxxxxxx>