[kag] Re: Depot Lakes

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:06:41 -0400

Hello Dave, Lib, and every one else,

Yes, we found the Depot Lakes cache. Actually, Jeff found it. I think there might have been something wrong with the cache setup. The
cache page says the hike was supposed to go in a loop. The first few waypoints followed the trail in a generally northerly direction, but then the fifth waypoint was back to the south, backtracking along the trail. We looked and looked but couldn't find the copper tag for that one. (Dave, we didn't find any more tags after you left us.)

We actually didn't follow the trail in the same direction as the waypoints. I knew the coordinates for the first four tags and Dave knew the coordinates of the final cache, so we all started at the parking lot at the north end of the loop and hiked southward.

Jeff logged his find on the cache page a long time ago: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC91DC
I am being very slow about logging my find, but I'll get to it this week.

I will try to update the kag web page and scoreboard this week too. Sorry for the long delay, everybody. My hard drive crashed and I lost a lot of data, including the scripts I use to generate the scoreboard. I've got an out-of-date backup of some of those scripts, and I'll try to get the scoreboard working again.

--Hoover