[kag] Re: Banned Caches

  • From: Lucas.DG@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:14:17 -0400

I only ever set up one cache (A Rock In The Woods), but it was in a
conservation area.  It was eventually stolen.  I've been too busy to
maintain caches, so I've not replaced it or done any new ones.

That being said, I was stunned by the damage to the area done by the cache
seekers... they... no - WE - walked through the woods, leaving a big honkin
trail across what had previously been relatively undisturbed terrain.

I had the cache 500 meters off the tail, so this was ENTIRELY my own fault,
but based on that I can understand why an organisation whose primary mandate
is conservation would not want us running through the woods carving new
trails with our boots... no matter how careful we are.

I'm sad that they are not allowing more caches, but I understand it...

Virtuals, though, especially on established trails - those should be
allowed.

If I were a Jedi, I'd simply wave my hand, and it would happen.

Oh well.