[kag] 1701eh Memorial Geocoin

  • From: "Ralph S." <res2100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 06:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

1701eh Memorial Geocoin

  As most of you probably know by now, on August 26th we all lost a good
geocaching friend in 1701eh (Tony)?you can read more about it here in the
forums: http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=142582

  Over the past couple weeks a few of us geocachers thought it would be a nice
tribute to Tony, and for all he has done for the geocaching community, to
create a special memorial geocoin in his honour.  After much thought and
discussion, we approached Tony?s son cruise448788 with the idea and have his
support. We are working closely with Landsharkz http://www.landsharkz.ca to get
this coin made and they have come up with some wonderful artwork. Landsharkz
will also be contributing to this project and in addition, Groundspeak has also
made a donation to this project.

  There will be both an Ontario Only version and also a Standard version of
this geocoin available for sale. A very special 3rd version will be made and
donated to the family and will not be available for sale. The 1701eh Memorial
Geocoin coin will be geocaching.com trackable and will have its own icon.

  This geocoin will be sold for cost and be funded by pre-orders only. We
decided to sell these coins at cost and if anyone wanted to donate to the
family or the Canadian Cancer Society on 1701eh's behalf, they could do so by
their own choice. I am handling all of the pre-orders for Ontario. If you are
from Ontario and would like to purchase some Standard or Ontario Only versions
of this beautiful coin, please send me an email through my geocaching.com
profile or to res2100@xxxxxxxxxx This geocoin will be available in Ontario for
pre-order until about September 24th. Payment for your orders are due
immediately and these funds will be used to finance the coin. After this date,
only the Standard version of this geocoin will be available for order through
Landsharkz and will be available to anyone. The actual coins should be in hand
around the end of October.

  The cost/price for the 1701eh Memorial Geocoin is only $6.50 (Ontario Only
and Standard versions are the same price). This is quite a deal considering
what is going into the making of this coin. See shipping chart at the end if
you want your coins shipped.

  About the 1701eh Memorial Geocoin:
Geocaching.com trackable with it?s own icon.
38mm (1.5 inches) diameter
3.5mm thick copper or brass base metal
2D and 3D
Laser engraved tracking numbers

  Front:
3D version of the Enterprise.
Canadian red maple leaf.

Back:
Geocaching stats using a 70?s sci-fi computer font.
Outer circle will be a red glitter with epoxy coating.
It will say geocaching.com ?trekable??note the unique spelling.

  The following are the finishes that we are currently contemplating doing:
Ontario Only version:
Two-tone: black nickel (text side) and antique silver (front)

Standard version:
Antique silver both sides with black soft enamel behind the enterprise. The
writing, stars and moon would be raised polished antique silver, the maple leaf
red soft enamel paint

  Note that the above finishes are what is currently being proposed and may
change once we receive the samples.

  See the attached files to view the current artwork. Please submitted your
orders as soon as possible. If you know of anyone else in Ontario that would
like some of these coins, please let them know.

  Let's make this coin a huge success and help in keeping Tony in our thoughts.
He will definitely be missed.

          Quantity
     Cost
     Shipping
     Total
      1
     $     6.50
     $      2.50
     $      9.00
      2
     $   13.00
     $      2.50
     $    15.50
      3
     $   19.50
     $      3.00
     $    22.50
      4
     $   26.00
     $      3.00
     $    29.00
      5
     $   32.50
     $      4.00
     $    36.50
      6
     $   39.00
     $      4.00
     $    43.00
      7
     $   45.50
     $      4.00
     $    49.50
      8
     $   52.00
     $      4.00
     $    56.00
      9
     $   58.50
     $      5.00
     $    63.50
      10
     $   65.00
     $      5.00
     $    70.00
      11
     $   71.50
     $      5.00
     $    76.50
      12
     $   78.00
     $      5.00
     $    83.00
      13
     $   84.50
     $      5.50
     $    90.00
      14
     $   91.00
     $      6.00
     $    97.00
      15
     $   97.50
     $      6.50
     $ 104.00
      16
     $ 104.00
     $      7.00
     $ 111.00
      17
     $ 110.50
     $      7.50
     $ 118.00
      18
     $ 117.00
     $      8.00
     $ 125.00
      19
     $ 123.50
     $      8.50
     $ 132.00
      20
     $ 130.00
     $      9.00
     $ 139.00

Lloyd Baker <binrat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          Had a great time in London
England but with all the micros on our last day I was unable to drop a
particular bug.

  Is anyone headed overseas in the next little while??

  Would like to see him at least hit another continent.

  Binrat