[kada] Re: Weekly question

Anyone recommend a good dental lab?My guy just hired newbie and I am not
happy!over ditching = short margincrappy anatomy.Taking up unnecessary chair
time.LeoPS.  Last patient no showed, call him and he is still at work.  He
works in Alexandria.  Well, front desk got his credit card number for next
time.Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:52:14 -0700From: wkhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [kada]
Re: Weekly questionTo: kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul,

That is a great idea. Can you share the sample "patient firing letter".

Wahn.
----- Original Message ----From: Paul Lee <cjrdad@xxxxxxxxx>To:
kada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:00:12 AMSubject: [kada] Re:
Weekly question
Last minute cancellations and no-shows drive me crazy!  As many of you already
know, there is no great solution to this.
This is what I USED to do in my office:  At their initial visit, patients must
sign the Broken Appointment Fee Agreement which pretty much says without 48hr
notice, pt will be charged $$ per half hour of appt missed.  I stopped doing
this because it started the whole patient-practice relationship on a sour note.
 And besides, we rarely could collect the broken appt fee and we've lost the
patient.
NOW, pt signs no agreement.  We just verbally ask them to give us plenty of
time in case they must cancel.  Most pts are very good about keeping their
appts.  There will always be a few who repeatedly cancel/no-show.  For those
few, we just send them a PATIENT FIRING letter to get them out of my practice.
This is so that I can concentrate more on the majority that are good pts and
get rid of the few that give us most stress.

Good Day,
PaulPaul Lee <cjrdad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Forum,

I hope all is well.  It seems this summer is just flying by!
I know some of you showed interest in doing CPR cert.  Unfortunately, the last
instructor we had apparently retired.  So, if any of you  or  know of someone
who is a CPR instructor, please let me know.

This week's question:

"What office policies have you found to be effective in dealing with patient
cancellations/no-shows?"

Stay Cool,

Paul

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): Yahoo!
TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Missed the show?  Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN.
http://liveearth.msn.com