[KACT] Re: science assessment test bank

  • From: "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:55:34 -0600

Thank you for your comments, Janice.  Yes, I understand the "setting the bar
low" the first year.  However, our school and many others, are also giving
the exam "for real" to all our biology students and possibly our sophomores
that are in chemistry this year rather than making them wait a year and
forget material.  And those scores will be used to measure improvement.
Those are the students that we're really targeting with review this year.
Also, even though we understand the improvement game with assessments,
parents and community members that read the newspaper don't and we have to
be careful to still do well-enough not to raise concern within the community
even our first year.

Kelly