[KACT] Re: kact Digest V3 #40

  • From: "Janice Crowley" <jpcrowley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:05:36 -0600

Hi everyone,

Is anyone attending the Boston NSTA convention? I am looking for one more presenter for the NSTA Chemistry Share-a-thon. Typically you have 10 -15 minutes to present your ideas. Participants range from inexperience to experienced chemistry teachers. I already have one presenter who will be talking about how to get 5's on the A.P. Chemistry exam. I have another who will be discussing how to use Moodle with your students. You would need to bring your own lap top, but we provide an LCD projector. I will take a few minutes to introduce the 3 presenters. I will also share information about these cool Excel applelets to use in the class room. Prepare for about 80 people.
I need to know by Wednesday, January, 9 if you are interested.

Thanks,

Janice Crowley
jpcrowley@xxxxxxx
----- Original Message ----- From: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:25:40 -0600
From: "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [KACT] Link correction

It seems as though when I copied and pasted that link out of an email I'd
sent to my colleagues here at school to an email that I sent to you all that
it made some crazy link to our school's email server.  (if you retyped the
address you were fine, but if you just tried to click on it you went to our
email client)
Here's the real link to the question pool
www.reallifechemistry.net/KSAPC.htm

Sorry! :)

Kelly

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 14:30:10 -0600
From: Terry Tinich <tinicht@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [KACT] Re: Link correction

sorry to be a pain but guess the wrong link explained why I couldn't get
it in.  Now, I have it installed but there are no questions and you said
there should be 300+.  Any idea as to what to do?
Terry

Kelly Deters wrote:
It seems as though when I copied and pasted that link out of an email
I'd sent to my colleagues here at school to an email that I sent to
you all that it made some crazy link to our school's email server.
(if you retyped the address you were fine, but if you just tried to
click on it you went to our email client)

Here's the real link to the question pool
www.reallifechemistry.net/KSAPC.htm
<http://www.reallifechemistry.net/KSAPC.htm>

Sorry! :)

Kelly

--
Terry J. Tinich
Chemistry/Physics Instructor

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:37:26 -0600
From: "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>

Not a pain at all!!!  When I use it in workshops I'm there to demonstrate
how it works...with you guys I'm not there in person since I just emailed it
to you! :)
To see the questions, go to the export menu at the top and then you can
either export them by Grade/Standard to a html file that will be placed in
the same folder as you have the program itself in...or you can choose to
look export them individually as you look at them.

If when you click on a grade-level in either of the export options you don't
see a list of the standards pop up in the empty box next to the list of
grade-levels, then your firewall is blocking the program from accessing the
internet and you need to allow it access the internet through the firewall
(at school your IT would have to do it, but at home you'd do it on your own
system).

Let me know if there's any more questions!

Kelly

Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 15:24:47 -0600
From: Terry Tinich <tinicht@xxxxxxxxxx>

ok, I again downloaded, with the help of our techie, the website and we
have 3 folders, the "make a question" folder, images and externals but
the last 2 were empty. i tried again with the address you gave me and
same result??  Gotta be doing something wrong but don't know what
terry

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:55:51 -0600
From: "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>

You need to be in the program that has the icon with the big blue "R",
accept the disclaimer and then you'll have a blank screen with a menu bar at
the top.  I think it's the third option over on the menu bar and it says
"Export Questions" and from that pull-down menu you can choose either by
grade/standard or by viewing them individually.  The Images folder will be
empty until you export questions and the externals folder will always be
empty and can be deleted if you want.
You have to open up the program with the big blue R icon and do everything
from inside there.

Kelly