[KACT] Re: impact?

  • From: "Rachel Dougherty" <rachel_dougherty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:08:10 -0600

The fairy tale gave me an idea for a visual that I used.
 I took two tables that were a little apart and labled one the land of
the haves and the other the land of the wants. I have students make
stuffed moles when we learn about moles, and so I put some of those and
some graham crackers (to represent grams) on the haves table. I
explained that the grams and the moles want to go to the want table, but
the distance is to far to jump (throw a few moles off the cliff to
illustrate). The moles decide to build a bridge to cross, and ask the
grams to help, but they refuse to do any work. The moles build the
bridge and cross. The grams decide they want to go across the bridge,
but the moles won't let them as they refused to help. Some of the grams
hide inside  a mole skin, and then are able to cross.
Some of the kids liked the visual (others thought I was just plain nuts,
but that's nothing new!)