[KACT] earth and space science

  • From: "Stockam, Angela" <adiskin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:28:40 -0500

I am interested in how other districts address the KSDE graduation
requirement for 3 credits of science, specifically the requirement for
earth and space science concepts.  I copied the sentence below directly
from the KSBE regulations for graduation requirements:

"three units of science, which shall include physical, biological, and
earth and space science concepts and which shall include at least one
unit as a laboratory course"

Do you offer an earth science course?  If so, at what level?  If not,
where do you cover the above requirement?  At Maize, we have Geoscience
which is a district graduation requirement and is offered as our
freshman science course.  What do the rest of you do?

Any input would be appreciated!  Hope you all are having a great year!