[KACT] Re: conference question

  • From: "London Reif" <lreif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:16:29 -0600

I am a member of KATS already so it makes no difference to me.  But if
we do it together, maybe KATS could benefit from new memberships as
well.  I think we would receive much more benefit and recognition if we
were to go with KATS this year.

>>> DetersK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/9/2005 10:23 AM >>>
A question was brought up about using KATS Kamp to also host our
"conference."  If we piggy-back with KATS, we get the bonus of in-place
infrastructure and perhaps the ability to catch more new members (and
maybe bring in more folks for KATS Kamp that wouldn't have gone
otherwise).  However, in order to attend KATS, people must join KATS (a
one-year membership, $25, is included in the price of the conference,
$95 for just the conference, plus food and housing if you choose to have
it).  Although KATS is a great group and many of our members are
dual-members with them and the two should support each other, do we want
to set our "conference" up to require people to also be a member of
KATS, or do we want to choose another Saturday and have ours separate?
We could encourage our members to also participate in KATS Kamp, but
then host our own separately.

Both sides have pluses and minuses...let me know what poeple think.
We'll do whatever most people think is best.

Kelly
detersk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx