[KACT] conference question

  • From: "Deters, Kelly" <DetersK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KACT (E-mail)" <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:23:03 -0600

A question was brought up about using KATS Kamp to also host our "conference."
If we piggy-back with KATS, we get the bonus of in-place infrastructure and
perhaps the ability to catch more new members (and maybe bring in more folks
for KATS Kamp that wouldn't have gone otherwise).  However, in order to attend
KATS, people must join KATS (a one-year membership, $25, is included in the
price of the conference, $95 for just the conference, plus food and housing if
you choose to have it).  Although KATS is a great group and many of our members
are dual-members with them and the two should support each other, do we want to
set our "conference" up to require people to also be a member of KATS, or do we
want to choose another Saturday and have ours separate?  We could encourage our
members to also participate in KATS Kamp, but then host our own separately.

Both sides have pluses and minuses...let me know what poeple think.  We'll do
whatever most people think is best.

Kelly
detersk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx