[KACT] Re: block scheduling

  • From: "London Reif" <lreif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:13:13 -0600

We have been on a block for several years here at Hoisington.  Our schedule
includes three 94-minute periods that meet every other day, and one 48-minute
class that meets every day, and a 45-minute seminar that meets every day.  I
like it for lab classes - it gives kids more time to perform labs and write
their lab reports.  The only thing I don't like about it is we don't get the
everyday reinforcement when going over information and math problems in both
chemistry and physics.  However, I would not choose to go back to a traditional
schedule.

>>> lewdawg00@xxxxxxxxxxx 1/4/2006 10:50 pm >>>

We have never been on block, but will be switching for next year.
Any comments about how block affects regular chem or AP would be appreciated.
Also, do you have a preferred block schedule?
ron lewis
tonganoxie high