[KACT] Student scholarship

  • From: Kelly Deters <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:08:20 -0800 (PST)

With the discussion of the shirts, etc., Robert proposed that it be used to
raise funds.  I thought it would be a great idea to raise funds for a student
scholarship.  Then Robert generously suggested that his Law Practice would be
willing to make a donation to supplement such a scholarship.  So perhaps with
some of the membership fee money (other than what's needed for other things),
some from T-shirts and some from other donations, would could offer a
scholarship for a student studying chemistry.
  What does everyone think of the idea of having students write an essay on why
they'd like to study chemistry and what they hope to do with it and then have a
committee select a winner?  We could send a letter to every high school and
announce the scholarship...that way students from all high schools would have
the opportunity...not just those with teachers that are members.

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,