[KACT] Re: Question from Terry re: labeling

  • From: "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:11:45 -0600

To those who wonder what I was referring to when I asked about labeling
chemicals.  In the latest Flinn Safety form it states that "State and
federal OSHA organizations have stated that chemical labels must include the
'the specific physical or health hazard(s) including target organs
affected."  Therefore Flinn recommends name, concentration, hazards and date
prepared be on all prepared chemical labels.  Now I put name, concentration
and date prepared (if keeping it) but not the others.

Just checking around to see what others are doing.

--

Terry J. Tinich

Chemistry/Physics Instructor

Pomona High School

Pomona, KS  66067

  _____

From:  "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [KACT] Question from Terry re: labeling
Date:  Fri, 5 Jan 2007 12:44:27 -0600
I reread the newsletter and just got a Flynn safety note.  How do
you/all get all that info on a bottle used only once for one lab

--
Terry J. Tinich
Chemistry/Physics Instructor
Pomona High School