[KACT] Re: Most difficult topic

  • From: "London Reif" <lreif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:23:39 -0600

For me, I think stoichiometry.  They have a hard time applying math to
chemistry (I don't know why), but once I made flow charts of the steps to
solving the problems, it helped tremendously.  I also made a set of rules and
flow charts for nomenclature and it helped my kids as well.

>>> "Kelly Deters" <kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx> 12/4/2006 7:41 AM >>>
Of all the things you teach in chem., what do you think is the most
difficult topic for students and why?

For me, I think it's nomenclature because there are so many sets of rules!

Kelly

kellymdeters@xxxxxxxxx