[KACT Officers] Checking in

  • From: "Deters, Kelly" <DetersK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "KACT Officers (E-mail)" <kact-officers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:30:47 -0600

Hope all are ready for the end of the semester!  This one seems to have gone
especially fast!

Things are rolling!  ACS local sections are contacting us and wanting to work
with us, more people are joining (we're to 50 now!) and plans are underway for
our first conference.

Nancy offered to host it (she's organizing it, too) at Campus High in Wichita.
We're looking at a Sat in Feb or early March (before spring break and state
tournaments, etc.).  We've had a few people offer to present, and we're looking
into people from WSU or the local ACS section giving "Chemistry for the
chemistry teacher" type presentations.

We'll send out a "call for presentations" and an advertisement for the event as
soon as we know a date and registration fee (as low as possible--just to cover
the cost of lunch).

Let me know how things are going on your end, what you're doing, what you need,
etc.

Thanks,
Kelly
detersk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx