[k9] K9 version 1.24 released

  • From: Robin Keir <robin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "k9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <k9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:20:43 -0800

K9 version 1.24 has been released (Jan 25th 2004).

Bug fixes and changes:

- Added detailed communications debug logging option to Configuration
   page.
- If a sound has been set to play upon Good email arriving, it won't be
   played again unless at least 30 seconds have elapsed since it was
   last played.

~~~~~~~~

This is a minor update, the primary purpose of which was to add a new
option to the Configuration page to enable the output of a detailed
network data log to the file "debug.txt" for debugging problems
stemming from mal-formed or unexpected email input, or simply to help
track down any other network related problem that may occur.

I have had several reports of some email servers corrupting headers
or simply sending data that should never occur during normal use.
Some of these emails have allegedly caused problems with K9 but so
far I have been unable to reproduce them, even having been given
the offending emails by the people reporting the bugs.

The only way to really see what is going on with these kinds of
problems is to look at the raw data being sent and received over the
network between your email program, K9 and the email server.

If you experience a hang, lockup or crash that you think is associated
with a certain email, enable this new option on the Configuration
page and attempt to download the email(s) again. After the check is
complete you should find relevant data in the "debug.txt" file (located
in the K9\Emails\DB directory) that you can send to me if you wish so
that I can better determine the cause of the problem.

~~~~~~~~

The latest version of K9 can be downloaded directly from the following
links:

   EXE installer version (installer and uninstaller)
   http://keir.net/download/k9v1setup.exe

   ZIP version (no installer or uninstaller)
   http://keir.net/download/k9v1.zip

You can safely install over any existing copy without losing any
information.

For answers to commonly asked questions visit

   http://keir.net/k9_faq.html

Thanks for your support!

All the best.

--