[k3] Re: Twins in public school

  • From: smcclendon@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: k3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:14:04 -0500 (CDT)

>I am a 2nd grade teacher. I just recently had twins in my classroom. Our
district as far as I know doesn't have a policy w/placing twins in the
same room. Our principal lets parents request teachers for their
children. To me, I think it depends on how the children are. Do they get
along well, do they depend on each other, how will they feel when they
are separted? There are alot of questions to ask I think before you can
decide what is best for them. The twins I had were great together. The
mother did not have to attend 2 parties during the holidays or worry
about who had homework and who didn't. One of the twins was in resource
and had just found out that she was a diabetic. I have diabetes also, so
they wanted her in my room. The other twin was an average student. They
helped each other and it turned out to be a great year. As they get older
of course, it will be harder to put them in the same classes, due to the
fact of changing classes. I have also had twins that were not in the same
class. This worked out great for them because they needed that special
attention by themselves. I do not have any proven research but would
think it still would depend on the children and how they would benefit
from being together or apart.
Salli

 Hello,