[k3] Twins in public school

  • From: Ron Wahlen <rwahlen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,webmaster@xxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxx, NewMember@xxxxxxxxx,CandE@xxxxxxxxx, ggwhite@xxxxxxxxx, izipper@xxxxxxx,Laura_Curtis@xxxxxxx, Fern_Gardner@xxxxxxxxxxx, Anne_Gildea@xxxxxxx,shall@xxxxxxxxxxx, kdkramer@xxxxxxx, Karen_Leclair@xxxxxxxxxxx,Melike_Warrick@xxxxxxxxxxx, familiesfirst@xxxxxxxxx,andivesfsn@xxxxxxx, andivesfsn@xxxxxxx, nancymic@xxxxxxx,nancymic@xxxxxxx, gwen@xxxxxxxxxxx, gwen@xxxxxxxxxxx,sbethtaylor@xxxxxxx, sbethtaylor@xxxxxxx, fsnsenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"rene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"barbarin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <barbarin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx, r-banks1@xxxxxxxx,twins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MultiplesFAQ@xxxxxxxxxx,MultiplesFAQ@xxxxxxxxxx, INFO@xxxxxxxxxx, cybrarian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Glovely@xxxxxxx, k3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,"Bonnie.Blagojevic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Bonnie.Blagojevic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"jim_chiavacci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jim_chiavacci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:21:04 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hello,

I have a question that I hope you can help me with. I am looking for research,
publications and some more information about placing Twins in the same
classroom together who will be starting kindergarten this fall. What are the
recommendations? What does the research say about this? What are your
experiences with this in a typical public school in North Carolina?  Do school
boards or school systems have policies against placing twins in the same
classroom?  Do you think public schools leaders have a right to decide on
classroom placement or should this be left up to the parents?

I did a google search and came up with the following article from Ron Banks:
http://ecap.crc.uiuc.edu/info/pubs/fri/twins.html   but I am looking for more
information on this topic, perhaps some anecdotal records, first hand
experiences, action research, and/or methods used in placement, etc.

Thank you in advance for any further websites and/or information you can to
send me.

Regards,
Ron