[junojames] Re: junojames Digest V1 #3

  • From: Social Life <sociallife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:09:34 -0500

Looks good. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion.


On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:08:04 -0500 (EST) FreeLists Mailing List Manager
<ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> junojames Digest        Tue, 09 Nov 2004        Volume: 01  Issue: 
> 003
> 
> In This Issue:
>                 [junojames] Help With Juno Backup
>                 [junojames] Re: Help With Juno Backup
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:28:47 -0500
> Subject: [junojames] Help With Juno Backup
> From: Social Life <sociallife@xxxxxxxx>
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have al my juno accounts backed up including some older ones I no
> longer use. Recently I was searching for a few messages and 
> remembered
> they were in one of my old accounts. The mail was in the backup 
> program,
> but when I went to restore it I got the message that the account 
> needed
> to be imported. I tried importing the account but it was either 
> deleted
> by me or juno. Now it looks like I have no way of accessing several 
> dozen
> e-mails.
> 
> How can I get these e-mails out- is there a utility program for 
> this? Is
> there a way to bypass the account import requirement so I can get 
> the old
> messages into the juno program? 
> 
> I tried looking at the backup file and its unreadable so there must 
> be
> some kind of compression or encoding used. I'm sure this is going to 
> be a
> problem for other people also.
> 
> Thanks for any help.
> 
> ________________________________________________________________
> Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
> Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
> Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> From: "Bob Parro III" <b0bbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [junojames] Re: Help With Juno Backup
> Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:23:20 -0600
> 
> Social Life,
> 
> The Juno5BDB tool can extract emails out of the proprietary Juno 
> email 
> storage format. The free tool can be acquired here:
> 
> http://www.ephemeraleuphoria.com/media/juno5bdb.html
> 
> This way you can pull the emails out of Juno in order to use them in 
> an 
> industry standard email client. FYI, to make the jump to MS Outlook, 
> 
> however, you have to jump through some hoops.
> 
> Regards,
> Bob
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: Social Life <sociallife@xxxxxxxx>
> Reply-To: junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [junojames] Help With Juno Backup
> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:28:47 -0500
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Received: from turing.freelists.org ([206.53.239.180]) by 
> mc4-f28.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824); Tue, 9 
> Nov 2004 
> 11:33:15 -0800
> Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])by 
> turing.freelists.org 
> (Avenir Technologies Mail Multiplex) with ESMTPid 4C24372E5F2; Tue,  
> 9 Nov 
> 2004 14:32:59 -0500 (EST)
> Received: from turing.freelists.org ([127.0.0.1]) by localhost 
> (turing 
> [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id 03658-75; Tue,  
> 9 Nov 
> 2004 14:32:58 -0500 (EST)
> Received: from turing (localhost [127.0.0.1])by turing.freelists.org 
> (Avenir 
> Technologies Mail Multiplex) with ESMTPid B3B1672F75C; Tue,  9 Nov 
> 2004 
> 14:30:14 -0500 (EST)
> Received: with ECARTIS (v1.0.0; list junojames); Tue, 09 Nov 2004 
> 14:30:14 
> -0500 (EST)
> Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])by 
> turing.freelists.org 
> (Avenir Technologies Mail Multiplex) with ESMTP id 85D1872F24Bfor 
> <junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Tue,  9 Nov 2004 14:30:13 -0500 (EST)
> Received: from turing.freelists.org ([127.0.0.1]) by localhost 
> (turing 
> [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id 03212-21 for 
> <junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Tue,  9 Nov 2004 14:30:13 -0500 (EST)
> Received: from m10.nyc.untd.com (m10.nyc.untd.com [64.136.22.73])by 
> 
> turing.freelists.org (Avenir Technologies Mail Multiplex) with SMTP 
> id 
> 5F1D072F2FBfor <junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Tue,  9 Nov 2004 14:26:03 
> -0500 
> (EST)
> Received: from m10.nyc.untd.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])by 
> m10.nyc.untd.com 
> with SMTP id AABA3CGN3AVH6S5Jfor <junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (sender 
> <sociallife@xxxxxxxx>);Tue,  9 Nov 2004 11:25:13 -0800 (PST)
> Received: (from sociallife@xxxxxxxx)  by m10.nyc.untd.com 
> (jqueuemail) id 
> KBZ3RN3K; Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:24:18 PST
> X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHyAYWrnJIIIgE2JgQ/uOcW
> X-Original-To: junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Delivered-To: junojames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> X-UNTD-OriginStamp: 
> HVuz2oE2wSvvZYDIGtH1A5QbtmDzMqwAawArWBFDTy89t2g2S7nvHA==
> Message-ID: <20041109.142847.-1039235.1.sociallife@xxxxxxxx>
> X-Mailer: Juno 5.0.33
> X-Juno-Line-Breaks: 0-2,9-10,13-14,17-18
> X-ContentStamp: 6:3:2004612123
> X-MAIL-INFO:43a050f14921e4a961d4
> X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new at freelists.org
> X-archive-position: 3
> X-ecartis-version: Ecartis v1.0.0
> Errors-To: junojames-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> X-original-sender: sociallife@xxxxxxxx
> Precedence: normal
> X-list: junojames
> X-Virus-Scanned: by amavisd-new at freelists.org
> Return-Path: junojames-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> X-OriginalArrivalTime: 09 Nov 2004 19:33:15.0351 (UTC) 
> FILETIME=[F523DE70:01C4C692]
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> I have al my juno accounts backed up including some older ones I no
> longer use. Recently I was searching for a few messages and 
> remembered
> they were in one of my old accounts. The mail was in the backup 
> program,
> but when I went to restore it I got the message that the account 
> needed
> to be imported. I tried importing the account but it was either 
> deleted
> by me or juno. Now it looks like I have no way of accessing several 
> dozen
> e-mails.
> 
> How can I get these e-mails out- is there a utility program for 
> this? Is
> there a way to bypass the account import requirement so I can get 
> the old
> messages into the juno program?
> 
> I tried looking at the backup file and its unreadable so there must 
> be
> some kind of compression or encoding used. I'm sure this is going to 
> be a
> problem for other people also.
> 
> Thanks for any help.
> 
> ________________________________________________________________
> Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
> Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
> Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of junojames Digest V1 #3
> *****************************
> 
> 
> 

________________________________________________________________
Juno Platinum $9.95. Juno SpeedBand $14.95.
Sign up for Juno Today at http://www.juno.com!
Look for special offers at Best Buy stores.

Other related posts:

  • » [junojames] Re: junojames Digest V1 #3