[jhb] Re: No posts

  • From: Cix VFR Club <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 17:24:32 +0000

I never check my Amazon account routinely. So I beter had, as it sounds like there's someone doing some hacking in Amazon's systems. My wife has had her identity stolen twice, though I never have.

Peter

GERRY WINSKILL <mailto:gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
05 January 2017 16:07

Even stranger, I just happened to check my Amazon account and found a show stopper. Someone had just used my details to purchase two laptops, with a total price of £2000. Even stranger was that they were to be delivered to my address. Fortunately I'd found out before the order was despatched and managed to cancel it.

Why on earth would anyone do that and how did they get my card details, password etc, to be able to do it.

Gerry Winskill

On 05/01/2017 14:11, John Woodside wrote:

John Woodside <mailto:fossil@xxxxxxx>
05 January 2017 14:11

Same thing here.

Amazon confirmed the cards had been redeemed and know the account they were redeemed to – but they can’t tell me who this was. I asked them if they would provide that information to the police but they seemed totally uninterested.

John

fossil@xxxxxxx