[jhb] Re: No posts

  • From: Cix VFR Club <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2017 13:43:16 +0000

Thanks John, I'll do that. Justice costs money you know. If there's no money in it, you won't get justice! These online systems are great when they work, but sierra hotel one tango when they don't. I've just ordered a new headset from Amazon, so I'd better go offer a sacrifice to someone or something!

Peter

John Woodside <mailto:fossil@xxxxxxx>
05 January 2017 13:33

I am no longer allowed to add names to the email list – I assume that is to stop other, nefarious list users banging in names without users permission.

All you need do Peter is go to //www.freelists.org/list/jhb

Add your new email address and select Subscribe.

I should then get an email to approve your request and can set the rest up.

I’ve just finished a battle with Amazon today so I’m definitely in GOM mode. I ordered two gift vouchers for Christmas presents and when they arrived someone had scratched the foil off the redeem code. A quick check showed that the cards had already been redeemed before delivery. Seems a simple matter to explain to Amazon but it became a headache and, finally, they offered to refund the amount. They don’t seem at all concerned about tracking the stolen money even though they know who redeemed the cards. What a daft world!

John

fossil@xxxxxxx