Re: working with .iso files

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:59:37 -0700

Iso files are cd immages.  You can either burn them directly to cd or look for a
iso reader for windows.When burning iso files to cd, you aren't copying the file
onto a cd, you are copying the contents of that file to the cd.  I'm sure
there's an easier place to find this, but go to www.debian.org, go to the
installation faq and look for the question "how do I burn iso files using
windows"  it's something like that.   They have brief instructions for nero and
roxio and the xp cd burner.
hth
Sean