RE: word perfect and jaws

  • From: Chip Orange <COrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:18:38 -0500

In my opinion, and I've been a wp user for almost 15 years now, not as well
as jfw 5.0 works with Word 2002.

I did not know wp had released version 12, as we're migrating from wp to
Word here where I work and so have stopped upgrading our wp.  Previous
versions have required a change to the registry to tell wp to output using a
standard screen output method in order to work with jfw.  FS has
automatically supplied this registry change with jfw, but, it's different
for each version of wp, so I doubt 5.0 currently has the change for wp 12.
It's easy for me to derive what it should be for you, so if you get wp 12
let me know and I can send you the appropriate .reg file with the change
you'll need.  Without this change, at least with all other previous
versions, you could add a commandline switch of "/FL" (without the quotes)
to achieve the same results.

hth,

Chip