windows messenger and JFW 4.51

  • From: "Pickrell, Rebecca M." <rebecca.pickrell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blindtech (E-mail)" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"JFW list (E-mail)" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"'helpneededlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <helpneededlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:20:20 -0700

Hi folks. I am using Windows Messenger, and it is a bit too social for my
taste.  It starts itself and signs me into MSN whenever Windows starts. We have
DSL so our connection is always on.

I have unchecked the box that says "sign me in automatically" and have also
unchecked the box that says "start windows messenger when windows starts".  So
how can I make this program stop starting? The thing that really annoys me is
that I can't see that it's running and don't know that it is until someone im's
me.

I am using JFW 4.51 on a windows xp home machine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rebecca Pickrell